Re: Engine won't start

Jim Bollman

I have started engines that have set a long time with less than 80lbs so I don't really think that is the problem. If you had bad valves it would be less, probably just dry cylinders and possibly stuck rings that will free up when you get the engine warmed up a few times.

Sounds like you are doing all the right things.

Jim...

On Sep 1, 2018, at 6:25 PM, Gabriel Haddad <super51.g100@...> wrote:

I just went through cylinder compression issues. I was told 140 to 150 for proper compression.

On Sat, Sep 1, 2018, 6:19 PM crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:
I tend to lean toward the dry cylinders. A crosley that a friend of mine had been working on for several years, had the same problem. Spray some WD-40 into the cylinders through the spark plug holes , let it sit overnight. It still may take 20 times to get it to fire up. I use carb and choke cleaner to fire up my crosleys each year in the spring. Fill that barrel with a good 3 seconds of spray. Be sure to use non-ethynol fuel.

On Sat, Sep 1, 2018, 5:56 PM A50CROSLEYTRK via Groups.Io <A50CROSLEYTRK=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Sure about your timing marks ? Some flywheels have too many marks.

In a message dated 9/1/2018 5:54:34 PM Eastern Standard Time, lofinjos=yahoo.com@groups.io writes:

Was wondering about that but couldn't find any specs on compression. I'll give that a shot.