Re: Speedometer Repair

crosleyshortsport

Andy,  When you have "bounce" it usually means the cable is ready to break. A new cable will most likely fix the issue. Tri-flow does work well, or lightweight sewing machine oil from Jo-Ann fabrics works well also. Get the zoom spout, easy to reach all areas and control amount needed.
Jeffrey

On Sat, Sep 1, 2018, 1:11 PM Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Andy, give me a call when you get a chance.
Dave Anspach

On Sep 1, 2018 10:16 AM, Andy Drake <drakeap@...> wrote:
Anyone have recommendations for (reliable) shops to handle speedometer overhaul? I have both a round speedometer and a square one that make a shrieking sound when you drive them. I believe it's because the whole mechanism has dried out or something is sticking -- both still work sorta of (needle bounce) and it sure would be nice to be able to tell how fast I'm going (within +/- 50% or so).

Thanks!