Re: Speedometer Repair

Jim Bollman

After checking if it really is the speedometer head or the cable, you will know what to try next. If it is the cable lubricate and make sure there are no sharp turns in the cable, if it is the head you might try a "small amount" light oil in around the drive opening and spin the drive. DO NOT use WD-40, it will eventually gum it up with time.

Jim...

On Sep 1, 2018, at 10:16 AM, Andy Drake <drakeap@...> wrote:

Anyone have recommendations for (reliable) shops to handle speedometer overhaul? I have both a round speedometer and a square one that make a shrieking sound when you drive them. I believe it's because the whole mechanism has dried out or something is sticking -- both still work sorta of (needle bounce) and it sure would be nice to be able to tell how fast I'm going (within +/- 50% or so).

Thanks!