Re: Restoration advice

Joe Brownsberger

Thank you all for the helpful tips.

On Mon, Aug 27, 2018, 12:06 PM Barry Smedley <BSmedley@...> wrote:

I just used a cherry picker a 4x4 and chain. No problem.

   Barry Smedley

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io [mailto:Crosley-Gang@groups.io] On Behalf Of nobadrivers
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2018 9:05 AM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] Restoration advice

Thank you for the good advice you gave us concerning the rocker panels and "A" pillars. This information can save other members the trouble that you experienced.  I also have a Ford Model Y English car and looking through the Model Y club forum I belong to it shows them lifting the body off using the automotive lift arms.  I have a lift and this is what I was going to do with my Crosley Wagon until you mentioned the pillars not being strong enough. I guess I will not use this method. It must be the Model Y A pillars are much stronger.  Maybe making some sort of struts or supports to attach along side of the pillars is the way to go so that the strap method or the lift arm method can still be used.

Attachments:

This message contains confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) named above. Any review, disclosure, distribution, copying or use of the information by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by immediate reply and delete the original message. (English) Ce message contient des informations confidentielles destinées uniquement à l'usage du(des) destinataire(s) nommé(s) ci-dessus. Toute consultation, distribution, copie et utilisation du contenu de ce message est strictement prohibée. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, SVP avisez l'expéditeur par réponse immédiate et effacez le message original. (French)