Re: Restoration advice

crosleyshortsport

Joe,  Looks like you have a pretty straight wagon to start with. I started my '48 wagon 25 months ago. I will post a puc for you. I recommend pulling the steering wheel next, then the radiator and grill. That way the steering box and column will pull out through the grill area. Remember to put it back in before the radiator and grill when at that point. There are two body bolts at the rear lower gate that go into the frame, three more at each door sill that go into the frame outriggers. And two more that tie the fenders to the frame on each side of the engine bay. 12 total. When I removed the rear side glass, I did not realize the frames came out. There were six tiny screws holding them in, they were put through the weatherstrip into the frame and body. Though I am not a professional at all, I have been playing with Crosley for 47 years. Contact me anytime.  Jeffrey

On Aug 26, 2018 3:02 PM, "Mike via Groups.Io" <seller432=aim.com@groups.io> wrote:
You might want to look into adding some door bars&cross bracing. My floor and rockers need replacing so I had to brace everything up before pulling body.

On Aug 26, 2018, at 11:55 AM, Joe Brownsberger <jbraunsberg@...> wrote:

Hi everyone, I am looking to move forward in the restoration process and I think im ready to pull the body off the chassis. I'm looking for insight and advice as to things I've missed or things I'll need to know moving forward. All that I'very done so far is remove windows and seats, nothing else. I'll have more pictures if needed.

Attachments: