Re: Transmission question / upgrade

Jane Altman

I know the Crosley transmission is a challenge, but I agree with Steve.  Since squirting my Crosley people have stopped by to share stories of people who used these as daily driver "back in the day".  It's party of the fun of owning a Crosley.
Favorite story: A guy drives his Crosley to a bar, stops to have a drink or two with friends.  His friends, after engaging him into sharing a few, run outside and lift his Crosley into some milk crates.  Will, you can imagine the laughter when he comes out of the bar and tried to go home...

On Sun, Aug 26, 2018, 7:48 AM <robert@...> wrote:
I have a 1950 Crosley station wagon. I'd like to make it more of a daily driver by upgrading the transmission, specifically something with spiral cut gears and synchronizers. I've seen pictures of a Crofton Bug transmission and it appears to have exactly what I'm looking for. Can a Crofton Bug transmission be mated to a Crosley engine and tranny cross member?

Thank you
Robert