Re: Correct Replacement Oil Filter

L.E. Hardee

It looks like the original Fram CH11RP filter that came from Crosley on the later model cars, 51 and 52's?   The Fram filter isn't available anymore unfortunately.  That is why Service Motors and others have made adapter kits to use modern filters.

On Sun, Aug 5, 2018 at 1:02 PM, nobadrivers <scanner2@...> wrote:
This oil filter adapter and filter are on my 1951 Super that I just purchased.  Can anyone tell me anything about it? Filter adapter kits I see from the current parts suppliers online appear to be different than this?  Are filters available for this type that I have?  I haven't taken it off yet and don't want to purchase just any filter worrying about it being equipped with a drain-back check valve that could block oil flow.  I would appreciate any input.