Re: Crosley Carter Carburetor

L.E. Hardee

A temporary fix might be to pack the gap with some thick old fashioned axle grease to seal the leak.  You would have to reapply every now and then when the gas fumes dissolve the grease.

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 7:40 PM, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:
Some may disagree with me, however I suggest changing the carb to a Tillotson. Once they are properly set, they keep working, trouble free.

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018, 7:27 PM nobadrivers <scanner2@...> wrote:
Hi,
My 51 Crosley with the Carter WO carburetor has a wicked vacuum leak at the end of the throttle shaft in the base of the carburetor.  Can't keep the car running stalls at idle. Has anyone had any luck reaming the throttle shaft bores and installing brass bushings?  Is this common with these?
Thanks,
Glenn