Re: Anyone know the original Crosly 4.5-12 tire dimensions ?

Todd Swangstu

Edited

I have driven VWs for 30 years and they have a similar issue as Crosleys, being somewhat underpowered.  With tires and final drive ratios, I found the smartest move was to always stick with the factory tire (dimension) used with the drive train it was designed for.  I have seen people go smaller to improve torque and larger tire to improve top end speed but both creates nothing but problems at the other end of the spectrum.  I feel the engineers that designed these vehicles took all factors into consideration and came up with the over all best set up for the car.  I want to drive my Crosley as much as possible in modern day traffic and I think that would give me the best over all results.