Re: What is best spot to tie down Crosley wagon for towing?

Steve Perry

I guess I’ll weigh in too.. I have towed several cars and some halfway across the US. I usually tie at the 4 corners since my trailer has eye bolts at those spots. A couple Ukrainian guys who picked my an MGA from me used a strap they call a Lasso Strap.
The open end of the strap goes through the wheel and and then threads back through the sewn in D ring on the strap. So, you’re holding the car by the wheel/tire at the 4 corners. It’s also very easy to strap down and I strap since you don’t have to get under the car.
I’ve only hauled one car this way but I think it’s the easiest and safest method I’ve found

My $.02

Steve