Re: Clown cars

paul

oh yeah, have a friend who puts it out but can't take it, he's 70 and remembers the circus and a Crosley Fire truck ride from a park in upstate NY.  he rides me to no end. his name is Jim but he wants to be called Harley because he has an incomplete, rough servicar, his dad's 1948 Harley 45 suicide shift that he can't keep running, and a newer hog dresser worth probably 12K but he has close to 35 in it due to breakdowns, engine rebuilds, etc. he has a 30/31 Model A sedan body buried 20 years in the garage and the Chrysler hemi from his first car, a 54 New Yorker. nothing else but he's building a street rod. you know whose chops I like to bust by parking a running Crosley in front of his house.  Paul

On 7/23/2018 7:28 AM, Ron Dole wrote:, his dad's 1948

I hear the same stuff when I show pics of my car to people. I can't wait till I get her back together and running. Then I will really hear it once it's out in the public view. It's never from the older generation. Only from people born in the 60's and later. I would guess it's because most of them have never seen a Crosley, and don't know what to say about it.