Adjusting bolts on 6&1/2 inch clutch , clutch slips, could this be the problem ?

Tim Hamblen

I took the Aerojet out of my 48 and put it in my 49. I did nothing to the clutch other than a new throwout bearing. Now in the 49 the clutch slips badly, never done that before . A look see shows the adjusting bolts on the pressure plate tight up against the throwout bearing. A comparison of the old and new bearing the best I can with the new in the car) and it appears that maybe the new bearing is a tad thicker than theĀ  than the old bearing. Could it be so simple as just running the finger adjusting bolts in some ? In other words it seems the bolts are not allowing the pressure plate to fully engage.