Re: NooB from Ohio

paul

Chris,
everything said is right on. unless this car has an emotional draw for being just like the one grandpa went outhouse tipping in when he wasn't courting grandma, run, don't walk.  spend a few more days thinking about what YOU want.  if a perfect, high point car is what you decide, then this one needs completely redone, another 12K at least. then you are way upside down money wise. if you want a fun driver, look for a sweet one at half or less that price, it might already have the first flaw in the paint and you won't have to turn purple when it happens one day.  when I rode motorcycles I always told people to buy a decent used one first, find out if they were a rider. one can always fix, upgrade or buy new, opportunities abound. by then they had a better idea what it was all about and what they wanted. if they found out they weren't a rider they could sell and come close to breaking even. salesmen can see stars in your eyes, that is their job.   Paul

On 7/18/2018 4:37 PM, Greetings wrote:

Paul:

Great stuff and points to take to heart.  From my conversation today with the seller they are not wanting to come down further than the $12,000 asking price.  I would feel more comfortable closer to $10K but that’s just the salesman in me.

The dealer has some really amazing cars in their collection over there.  I’m drawn to this for sure.  It needs the ignition replaced which he has, he’s going to put it in and I’m going back to drive it.

That will be the test.  I will be schooled on exactly how SLOW SLOW can be.