Re: NooB from Ohio

paul

Chris,
hopefully others will chime in, I am far, far from being an expert. I live in Dayton and have seen the ad.  things you will want to consider, do you want a car as original as possible to show for trophies or a really nice driver quality to get out and enjoy? the interior of that car has been redone, green and white upholstery was not available but it sure is pretty. the propeller is a fun touch but was only on 51 and 52 Crosley Super models. the pictures on the web page show paint on the top of the left side door latch, a good sign that it has been repainted. someone has changed the doors to the later type with roll up windows instead of sliders, a very nice convenience. did they also upgrade the brakes? their ad says "not restored." ok, maybe not but surely freshened up all over.  it does look like a super nice, fun car but a word of warning, a Crosley is NOT the old car to buy if you have increased value and profit in mind. Crosleys are Fun Little Cars, a Fine Car, collector insurance will not kill you, but as you said there is limited use involved. these cars have been going way up lately in ASKING prices but I cannot tell you what they are actually selling for, several have been for sale for a long time on Craig's List and EBay. they just keep coming back at high prices, relisted and not selling. I'm not saying they are not valued at these prices, but they do not seem to be selling very fast. I'm used to finding rougher ones that have serious needs and they can be bought much cheaper. you may well prefer a finished car and be willing to pony up rather than mess with the time, work, and costs of doing one from ground up. the 8000 miles shown could be accurate, some of them developed problems and got put into the corner of a garage or barn and forgotten for many years. 15, 19, 25000 mile cars are not unusual. Ohio does seem to have many cruise in and show venues on weekends and enough back roads to putt along on, don't think you will jump on the freeway and zoom along with traffic though, it ain't gonna happen. locally they are unique and seldom seen, a People's Choice Award might not be out of the question. I don't envy you trying to decide, tough call. Paul Rinehart

On 7/18/2018 2:27 PM, Greetings wrote:
Greetings from Ohio.  I'm Chris and I have recently came across a 1947 Crosley Coupe that from what I see is in amazing condition. It is being sold by a classic car dealer.

I am not familiar with Crosley cars whatsoever, however very familiar with the Crosley story.  As a matter of fact I named my now 2 year old son Crosley!  I feel like I want to keep this car in Ohio and not let anything happen to it.