Re: Rear Ratio

L.E. Hardee

The restrictor plate went between the carb and the intake manifold.  It only had a opening that you could barely stick the tip of your little finger into.  It was meant to be taken out by the dealer after the engine was broken in a bit, maybe 100 miles or so.  My local dealer kept EVERYTHING!!  So I have the restrictor plate from every Crosley he every sold.  Look down your carb.  If you can see down into your intake manifold, you don't have a restrictor plate issue.  Could the timing be so retarded that the car can't get up to speed?

If I wanted to keep my kid from dogging my Crosley, I would simply tie or chain the throttle linkage to keep the gas from being opened too much.  Use a padlock so you can open it up for your use??

On Sat, Jun 9, 2018 at 5:56 PM, <fred@...> wrote:
Ken, as Butch stared there probably is something wrong, but perhaps there was a restrictor plate in that truck.  A good Crosley motor will pull over 5000 RPM in 3rd gear, producing at least 60 MPH.  Weight of special bodied Crosleys also will restrict speed.