Re: Rear Ratio

Jim Bollman

Are you stuck in second gear? An engine that is running right can do over 40 in 2nd gear at around 7000 rpm.

If the engine is not raving up properly you may have a timing problem.

Jim...

On Jun 8, 2018, at 10:43 PM, Butch via Groups.Io <butch46988@...> wrote:

All of the 4 cylinder cars, ran the same rear gear ratio (5.17 as I recall). If you can only get 36 MPH, something is wrong, either your speedometer is way off or your engine is very tired or quite out of tune.

For most cars, with decent engines, 50 to 60, is quite doable, but the engine is really "buzzing" along.

Butch

On 6/8/2018 8:29 PM, Ken Acheson wrote:
Is there more than 1 gear ratio for 48 CD as I can only get 36 miles per hour top speed
_._,_.