Re: correcting a title

Jeremy Rutherford

So got any pics of the “1905”  duer, I’d love to see it,  where was this car made?

On Apr 27, 2018, at 3:32 PM, Jerriffic via Groups.Io <jer038@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Experienced a similar situation with a car title. My father inherited a horseless carriage from his uncles estate.  he had the local state rep help him obtain a title for the car.  At the time we didn't know the year of the car, only the name (Duer) and a couple of patent numbers.  My father wrote to the patent office in Washington D.C. with the info he had, this was1970.  They sent him a few patent drawings with a date of 1905 on the page.   He applied for the title and registered it as a 1905 Duer.  Fast forward 20 years, I rented  the car out to a movie set when a gentleman approached me with a book detailing every automobile every made.  In the book it described a 1907 Duer manufactured in1907 thru1910. To this day the title reads1905 Duer.  I don't have any plans on trying to change the date.

Sorry for highjacking this thread.
 Jerry B.