Re: correcting a title

Butch

Paul,

That is a "State" issue and as such, will vary from State to State.

If the Title and VIN, designate it as a 49, then finding a 47 Title and VIN, will probably be the only way around it.

If it's a corresponding Title and tag, to the Sate you live in, just a Title transfer and registration, as normal would be required. If an out of State Title and Tag, then it would just be like purchasing a vehicle from out of State.

Fortunately, Crosley Tags were and are, attached with just two screws.

Butch

On 4/26/2018 8:02 AM, paul wrote:

good morning gang.  has anyone successfully found a way to correct the year designation on an automobile title,  especially in Ohio? the 47 Crosley convertible I just bought carries a 47 VIN number on the firewall and has a matching title but the title claims the year to be a 49. I realize that it's no biggie but have grabbed the proverbial tiger's tail and embarked on a crusade to fix the information. in typical bureaucratic function, no one in the Ohio government wants to touch  it.  the system has no cut and dried path to follow, I have had several suggestions from within the BMV but each only amounts to "go bother someone else."  probably the year designation has been on the title since new because in the day sometimes cars were titled by the year sold rather than the manufacture year, but everybody in the BMV seems to assume that it was a mistake in typing sometime and the general consensus is to go find where the mistake was made. I have followed the car back to 1993 when Ohio automated their system and purged all older titles from the system without micro filming them. the pre 1993 title was registered to a new owner in 2004 with the bad information, stone wall.  just hang it up and enjoy the Crosley? all this because I wanted to run Year Of Manufacture license plates, but trying to pass off a CC with a CC VIN as being a CD won't fool any of you folks....  any bright ideas?  thnx,  Paul Rinehart