Re: electric fuel pump

Karl Black <kebdvm@...>

Thanks all!
That's what I have & it doesn't seem to produce enough pressure to refill the float bowl (I don't have a manometer.) My pressure regulator has settings 1-5.  I assume the larger number corresponds with a higher pressure?

On Monday, April 23, 2018 8:07 AM, Butch via Groups.Io <butch46988@...> wrote:

Karl,

There is no "setting" that will do that. The problem is, the fuel (especially today's formulations), evaporate from the carb's fuel bowl and it takes a lot of cranking, to re-prime the entire fuel (fuel pumps, lose their prime when sitting for extended periods) system AND fill the bowl.

The surest solution is, an electric pump (1 1/2 to 3 1/2 pound maximum delivery pressure), installed at the rear of the car, wired either as a priming pump or to run continuously, when the ignition is powered.

Butch

On 4/22/2018 8:10 PM, Karl Black wrote:
I don’t want to hijack this thread by ideas anyone know the setting for the pressure regulator that permits an easy start after the car has been sitting for awhile?

Kindest Regards,
Karl E. Black, J.D., D.V.M.
VCA Park Cities Animal Hospital
4365 Lovers Lane
University Park, Texas 75225
Phone: 214-368-8573
Fax: 214-696-1620
Cell: 214-213-7848

On Apr 22, 2018, at 6:18 PM, fred@... wrote:

I think the Service Motors pumps would serve well, I had to isolate the AC pump for polarity, but all else was easy.  Butch is correct, putting and electric pump near the tank will give steady, constant pressure and good start-up performance.