Re: electric fuel pump

paul

Jim,
think that is probably where I will go. these are new compared to 65+ years old. guess I just became prejudiced because my HS pump went bad shortly after I bought the car, the circus car already has an electric pump, and the 47 I just picked up has a bad one. not thinking of the age I considered the reliability but a new pump should be fine.  thanks for making me think straight,  Paul

On 4/14/2018 4:59 PM, Jim Bollman wrote:
The stock mechanical pump should be between 1.5 and 3.5 lbs of pressure. You're taking a chance of forcing gas by the float valve if you exceed that. You could add a pressure regulator but that adds to the cost again. Why not just rebuild the mechanical pump or buy a new one. Service and Yankee have new pumps for $60-65.