Bear driven circus Crosley near Dayton

paul

Folks,
the other day someone mentioned that it looked like a former owner had tried to make a Farm O Road copy.  staring at the car, I decided to go do some measuring.  how hard is it to shorten a torque tube drive?   this Crosley has been cut down to a 57 inch wheelbase.  it measures 100 inches from the outside of the pipe front bumper to the back of the body. the arched frame cross member that I suspect belongs over the differential is just inside the back of the body, saying that it started out as an 80 inch wheel base Crosley.  the wide cowl in front of the original windshield has been cut away at the back, placing the home made dashboard just a few inches behind the top of the firewall. everything seems to give more credence to the bear story. it'd take a man on stilts to  reach the pedals while sitting in the seat.
now, do I get it running and stopping, clear coat the raggedy paint to "as found"  or beat a few panels, sand and paint, take it to former glory days?
thank goodness Crosley people have a great sense of humor when others make jokes about circus connections to these cars. I have a friend who can't take a joke on him but insists he wants to see me in a orange/red wig, loose clothing, suspenders, pancaked face, and 2 foot long shoes every time we speak of Crosleys. he thinks he is the only one who can make a joke, gets mad if I jerk his leash. :-)
I will be getting the name of the second owner back and hope he has more history.  beyond restoration is a phrase that well describes this one though it seems pretty solid except the floor pan between the
rear wheel houses.  at the asking price, even if I do nothing but keep it in dry storage, I just could not allow it to become a parts donor or scrap.     Paul Rinehart