Re: Hinges

Michael Braun

OK so it looks like I needed to slow down and take another look at my hinge situation.  Actually what happened is that the hinges on the passenger side were damaged when the door apparently opened violently to far.  The sheet metal “outside” of the hinge that also acks like a stop was cracked and forced backward by the force.  When I mounted the driver side door with my “extra” hinges I found that the door works fine.  I got thrown off when I compared left side and right side hinges and where the stops were.

While I’m at it I also realized that you need to be careful when you use later model seats in a CC.  The later seats are wider than the “Tombstone” seats and they can interfere with the door closing properly unless they are moved toward the center of the car.