Hinges

Michael Braun

I'm working on a 1947 or 48 Flat Side Pick Up.  I foolishly got rid of the driver side door hinges because they were chopped up and I had two spare sets.  Turns out that my spares do not allow for the door to open as far as it normally would.  The original hinges work fine on the right side.  I can see that the outside of the hinge acts as a "stop" and I assume I can fix the problem by cutting or grinding back the outside of the hinge so as to allow the door to open far enough to get in and out of the car.  Can anyone give me insight as to what hinges I have and if the correct hinges are available?
Thanks
Mike Braun