Wiring sizes (AWG) for harness

Andy Drake

I'm in the process of cleaning up the hack job some previous owners did to the wiring harness in my '47 roundside. I'm hoping to keep things looking relatively original without biting the bullet and getting a new harness until I repaint the truck next year. Does anyone happen to know the AWG sizes for the wiring going to the generator? Looking at another car with a better harness, one wire looks like a #10 and another is slight smaller, maybe a #12. I don't see anything smaller than #14 in the rest of the harness.

Thanks!