Re: Carburator screen?

ROBERT L GREGG <capngrog@...>

I don't recall who on this forum originally said that they thought that the screen was some sort of fuel economy device; however, apparently that is what it is.  I vaguely remember carburetor base screens from the '50s and '60s that were advertised to deliver "miracle" fuel mileage.  Here is a link to some information on an attempt to patent the idea:  http://www.google.com/patents/US4359035

Cheers,
Bob

On Wednesday, March 1, 2017 2:18 PM, Tom McDowell via Groups.Io <bugger5913@...> wrote:

Nope, never seen that on any of my Buggers. You sure that is not to keep the nat wings from sticking in the valves? LOL

On Friday, February 24, 2017 10:20 AM, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:

I am restoring my very original '48 wagon and just pulled the carb. I have no reason to believe this carb has ever been off and yet there is a screen pressed into the gasket. Anyone else ever seen a screen in there?
  Jeffrey Ackerman