Re: CC Crosley Hood Latch

ROBERT L GREGG <capngrog@...>

An interior hood latch was a feature of many automobiles of the era, and this made the engine bay relatively secure.  I have a 1947 and 1948 Chevrolet, both of which have interior hood latches.  These latches provided better security for the engine bay, making it necessary to break into the car to release the hood latch and access the engine bay.  Some of the early cars (both my 1938 Chev and 1948 Chev) had "armored" wires from the ignition switch to the ignition coil, in an attempt to thwart those ruffians who would hot wire a car by accessing the engine bay.  Most modern automobiles have a secure engine bay like the Crosley and many others.

On Saturday, February 11, 2017 7:50 PM, Roy McLaurin via Groups.Io <oroyme@...> wrote:

I Have always  wondered why  Crosley  saw the need for  a interior hood latch.

From: Bruce Redford via Groups.Io <bdredford@...>
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2017 12:27 PM
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] CC Crosley Hood Latch

If you need a cable I have one I can sell . bdredford@...

On Saturday, February 11, 2017 1:23 PM, Steve via Groups.Io <nutsbolts_9502@...> wrote:

Jim...

Sent from my I-thing

On Feb 11, 2017, at 11:40 AM, Dennis Terdy <dennis.terdy@...> wrote:

I recently purchased a 1947 CC coupe. The hood safety latch is in place and functions. I also have most of the components minus a few small springs underneath. However, The primary latch system is missing something. I have a CD wagon and the hood latch is NOT the same. Please help with a photo or clear sketch of some kind. Thanks

Dennis
Glen Ellyn, IL