Scrappage Bill

"Jim_Bollman" <Jim@...>

I posted info on a scrappage bill a few months ago. I just saw this good news on another site.

SCRAPPAGE IS DEFEATED ON U.S. SENATE FLOOR !

Attention SEMA Action Network:

Thank you all for your hard work in opposing, and now defeating, the old
car scrappage provision in the Energy Policy Act of 2002 (Section 822 of S.
517).

In case you haven't heard the news, Sen. Ben Nighthorse Campbell's(R-CO)
amendment to eliminate scrappage from the legislation was astonishingly enough passed by unanimous consent. In the end, even the principal sponsor of the scrappage provision, Senator Jeff Bingaman (D-NM), was
not willing to oppose the Campbell amendment!

This is fantastic work, work that would not have been possible without the
literally thousands of phone calls, faxes, emails and letters to U.S. Senators that SEMA Action Network vehicle clubs and individual enthusiasts were able to muster. Hobbyist efforts were cited by Senator Campbell and Senator Sam Brownback (R-KS) as a compelling force in defeating this
scrappage provision.

SEMA sincerely thanks everyone for their dedication, hard work, and willingness to protect the vehicle hobby today and to preserve for it for our children. This is an amazing victory and a testament to the
powerful connection between the specialty aftermarket automotive industry and the
American vehicle hobbyist community.

Job well done.

Brian Caudill
Director of Public Affairs