Fuel pumps!

"mrcooby" <x779@...>

I see our membership here is now up to eighty. Great!

I want to ask about fuel pumps. Here we have reformulated fuel, with 10% grain alcohol. Rough on older pump diaphragms, so I'm having mine all redone with alcohol-resistant material.

But there's a quirk with Crosley fuel pump arms. What works on one Crosley may or may not work on another. It's related to where the arm rides on the cam. I heard there should be a built-up flat spot on the arm at that point. Some owners weld a shim onto the arm. I pulled two pumps off today; one has the shim, one does not.

What's your experience out there on this?

Thanks!