Re: '47 roundside pu

"stevie_22847" <olinger@...>

--- In Crosley_Gang@y..., "threeneely" <3neely@m...> wrote:
I'm the proud owner of a 47 roundside pu. i've owned this puppy for
33 years. it is merely a shell, no interior, engine or trans. its
straight and rust free. what do i have? how rare is it? at one
time, when i was younger, i remeber seeing an article saying that
there were less than 400 or so left in existence. is this true? i
have always pictured this little truck as a mini pro-street. small
block chev, 700r4, ford 9inch (no axle tubes) etc... please dont
cringe! i've had this since i was 7 and havent started yet! any
and
all information would be most appreciated. thanks!
mark
Well I'll add my 2 cents also. When I arrived at Weauson at the
National meet in 1984 with my 48 Crosley Panel (TINKER TOY) powered
by a 2000cc pinto engine c-4 trans and pinto rear I was looked upon
by most as an out cast. At the same time many people also looked!
When I returned in 1991 I was met with more respect than before. This
truck has been finished for 18 years, enjoyed by many people and
driven for thousands and thousands of miles. Now comes the
question???? Build it this way or original? I see it build it your
way. I enjoy driving the truck 55-60 mph all day. Some people enjoy
having a 100 point original show car and only driving in and out of a
trailer. Bottom line we all buld them to enjoy and save! So Enjoy!
Thanks! Steve