Re: '47 roundside pu

Doug E Arthur <drphartz@...>

Hey Mark, Art here. I also have a '47 Round Side Pickup, It has been
messed with a bit, Top cut off, and bed covered. Really too bad as these
are scarce. I've only been in the club for a year or so, but the guys
that know say..."Try to keep this thing as Stock as possible". I know a
guy that has a stock '47 Pickup, and at Nationals I think there was only
3 examples, You should try to stay stock, within reason, Money I mean
heheh. Good Luck, Art

p.s. - I'll buy the doors off of it?? heheh
On Thu, 11 Apr 2002 04:31:28 -0000 "threeneely" <3neely@...> writes:

I'm the proud owner of a 47 roundside pu. i've owned this puppy for
33 years. it is merely a shell, no interior, engine or trans. its

straight and rust free. what do i have? how rare is it? at one
time, when i was younger, i remeber seeing an article saying that
there were less than 400 or so left in existence. is this true? i

have always pictured this little truck as a mini pro-street. small

block chev, 700r4, ford 9inch (no axle tubes) etc... please dont
cringe! i've had this since i was 7 and havent started yet! any
and
all information would be most appreciated. thanks!
mark