Re: Ordering new TM-470 from Tashjian

Andre VanWyk

Hi Tor,
The lead time they gave you is probably an honest guess. I have several towers on order with them and we are all in the same boat. COVID caused a steel shortage. Everyone continued taking orders during this time. Now that steel is available the backlog of orders is overwhelming. This is a reality all over. Tashjian has a reputation of slow response and although very frustrating I’ve learnt to be patient and continue to follow up. Two of my towers  was due for shipping last week and got pushed on to July 26. Tashjian is running behind but I was told they are at full production.

About alternatives….. good luck. You will have the same problem on long lead times everywhere. Even antenna lead times are insanely long.

Best 73
--
Andre VanWyk,  NJ0F
RFC2 Telecom