Re: What to do if you are caught out in strong winds with out warning

Andre VanWyk

Nice Job.  My company installed two Luso towers on a project  with wind detection systems and I also interfaced them to a lightning detection system so they will come down in wind but also when lighting is detected miles away. It’s cheap insurance on a 170ft structure. We optimized cable management down the towers as  bringing a crankup tower down by itself without manual control or human supervision could damage coax and control cable if there is no proper way to guide them down the tower while the wind speed is high enough to start automatic tower retraction. Tower retraction also triggers several notification alarms via text and email and starts recording he occurrence. I would advice against retracting a crankup without positive pull down or a counterweight system like Luso without human supervision….. wind or no wind …..
73
NJ0F

Join CrankupTiltoverTowers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.