From: Rich KR4PI
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2018 10:35 AM
Subject: Re: [CrankupTiltoverTowers] Recommendation

I agree with Larry, K1ZW, the Alumatower is the way to go. I have had the T40HN for a couple years and it is a great tower. I mounted it with the MP-2 ground pole without cement. I dug a 6'6" deep hole about 24" wide with a shovel and sop-vac and dropped the MP-2 into the hole. Then filled the hole with dirt and a little water to pack it down. It is as solid as anything I could get with cement. Tower survived near direct strike by Hurrican Irma last year. I lowered it and then tilted it over. I placed a couple ground screws into the ground and used a couple ratchet straps to secure the tower to the ground. It went right back up into service as soon as the wind was over.

Aluma Tower was great to work with and has provided me with a great tower. My wife and I picked it up at the factory in a Uhaul. We then were able to take it out of the truck by ourselves, it is that light. The perfect tower, easy to install and maintain.

Join CrankupTiltoverTowers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.