Re: Eye on the COG: $2.5M Cornwall Affordable Housing Project

Dotty Cusack

I think more research needs to be done from what I am getting  from this.

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 5:58 PM Johan Winsser <winsser1@...> wrote:
More and useful information on Vessel from Neil Rubler. Doesn’t look so nefarious to me, but then I’ve only begun to look. Perhaps hold fire on Vessel and NWCOG until we know more.

https://www.myvessel.com/new-page-1

Johan

On Feb 22, 2021, at 5:40 PM, Nora Prentice via groups.io <norapren=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Ok I have located this "Vessel."
The owner (CEO Neil Rubler) sounds dodgy.  Needs more research but there appear to be some tid bits of red flags such as:

"Jared Kushner ordered Observer staff to remove posts about Neil Rubler,"

Neil L. Rubler is the founder, president, and chief executive officer of Candlebrook Properties, LLC, formerly known as Vantage Properties, a New York City-based real estate investment firm that specializes in buying run-down rental buildings, renovating them, and renting them out at higher rates.

On Monday, February 22, 2021, 05:14:03 PM EST, Nora Prentice via groups.io <norapren=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Google searched for 'housing Vessel Connecticut' and got this: National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors

On Monday, February 22, 2021, 05:10:51 PM EST, Nora Prentice via groups.io <norapren=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Can't find "Vessel" on a Google search.....

Does it have a more formal name?

On Monday, February 22, 2021, 04:35:04 PM EST, Janet Carlson <cornwallsanders@...> wrote:

Vessel is a group of altruistic people with expertise in building energy efficient, attainable homes.  I think most people use the word attainable to show that we are trying to bring in housing for working people, younger people and downsizing people.  Most people associate affordable with Section 8 housing, which is not the case here.

--
Best,
Dorothy Cusack

Join CornwallCommunityNetwork@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.