Classic-UP@groups.ioThis group was created to provide a forum for discussion of the “classic era” of the Union Pacific – from the 1940s through the time of the MP / WP merger. Topics for discussion may include locomotives, cars and other equipment, track and structures, operation, signaling, traffic, customers and their rail activities and business issues – nearly anything related to the Union Pacific railroad prior to 1982. Modeling topics are welcome as long as they relate in some way to the equipment or activities of the actual Union Pacific in past decades.
List members are expected to include their name when posting and shall be respectful of others at all times. To help keep discussions focused, please mention somewhere in the subject line or body of each post the location & era being discussed, as in “Wyoming June 1941”, “Topeka, KS in the 1950s”, “Ogden, UT in the 1970s”.
This discussion group has no affiliation with the Union Pacific Corporation or any of its subsidiaries. Membership in the Union Pacific Historical Society is encouraged – membership information can be found on their website; www.UPHS.org
- 331 Members
- 1,649 Topics , Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- Post: Classic-UP@groups.io
- Subscribe: Classic-UPemail@example.com
- Unsubscribe: Classic-UPfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Group Owner: Classic-UPemail@example.com
- Help: Classic-UPfirstname.lastname@example.org
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to members only.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.