Topics

How To: Display Multiple Parts (Harmony) #needinfo

saff.mohamed@...

Hi,
I'm new to ChordPro, but already seeing its power and utility.  One feature I haven't been able to find in the documentation yet is how to display multiple instrument parts, as in the case of a harmony.
For example, let's assume a song with two guitars; guitar 1 is in standard tuning and guitar 2 has a Capo on the 3rd fret.  Is there a way to unify the display/output to show both parts together for the same song?

Any direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Saff

Johan Vromans

Welcome to ChordPro!

Having multiple chord sets displayed in the same output seems a bit confusing to me. Do you have a sample of how that would look like?

What ChordPro currently can do is produce multiple print-outs from a common source. For example if your song file contains

{capo: 2}
The [C]sky is [D]the limit

With the correct config file this may produce:

                                                          CAPO: 2
    C      D
The sky is the limit

With the same source and config file, when ChordPro is run with --decapo option, it may produce

    D      E
The sky is the limit