Topics

Share your styles #informational

Johan Vromans

This topic is to share styles (configs) that you use, for education and entertainment.

Want to share? Please include: * the config file(s) * sample song(s) * sample output (PDF) * specific requirements, such as minimal ChordPro version

Johan Vromans

This style I have been using for quite a while to print songs that old eyes can read.

The config is updated for ChordPro 0.977 and requires private fonts.

Config september.json is the main config, september-bw.json is used for b/w printing.

I use a private ChordPro library and have environment variable CHORDPRO_LIB set up to point to the library. The configs are placed in subfolder config so I can use them without having to specify full file names. The sample PDF was generated with:

chordpro --config september songs.cho

Informational: The songs appear on our CD ‘Hic Anda Thu’ (information in dutch only).

com.sebright@...

Here's one of mine. Min ChordPro 0.977 and requires fonts-lato from the Ubuntu repos.

Original https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwsWs0sImwk

Johan Vromans

Nice style! A good example of using the new ChordPro features.

May I suggest to use font descriptions for all the lato fonts? It makes maintenance easier.
To cancel a background colour you can set it to null.

    "fontdir" : ["/usr/share/fonts/truetype/lato"],
    "fontconfig" : {
        "sans" : {
            ""            : "Lato-Regular.ttf",
            "bold"        : "Lato-Semibold.ttf",
            "italic"      : "Lato-SemiboldItalic.ttf",
            "bolditalic"  : "Lato-BoldItalic.ttf",
        },
        "sanslight" : {
            "italic"      : "Lato-LightItalic.ttf",