Topics

Linux command line binary for 0.974? #resolved #linux

Dayyan Smith

Yes exactly!

Johan Vromans

After installing PDF::API2, it now seems to work.

I assume you did a rebuild after install PDF::API2?

Johan Vromans

Yes, you should install all dependencies first. This is not elegantly handled by the packager.

I'll see if I can make this easier...

Dayyan Smith

When trying to generate a PDF using the binary, I got the following:

root@6ed06946d3fc:/chordpro/pp/linux# ./chordpro song.pro -o song.pdf
No backend for PDF
Missing PDF::API package
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /tmp/par-726f6f74/cache-b6998e24ef79670b031025f901744420bc0cc477/inc/lib/App/Music/ChordPro/Output/PDF.pm line 22.
root@6ed06946d3fc:/chordpro/pp/linux#

After installing PDF::API2, it now seems to work.

Dayyan Smith

The compilation failed at first, but after also installing App::Packager and String::Interpolate::Named everything works. Thank you!

Johan Vromans

No, these are 'normal' warnings. Just try the resultant binary to verify.

Dayyan Smith

Thanks! Now I set everything up, but get the following error:

root@8fca493ebc28:/chordpro/pp/linux# pp -u --output=chordpro @chordpro.pp ../../script/chordpro.pl
Couldn't retrieve data from file chordpro.pp.deps. Building new cache.
Use of uninitialized value $key in exists at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.30.2/Module/ScanDeps/Cache.pm line 67.
Use of uninitialized value $key in hash element at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.30.2/Module/ScanDeps/Cache.pm line 80.
Use of uninitialized value $key in exists at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.30.2/Module/ScanDeps/Cache.pm line 67.
Use of uninitialized value $key in hash element at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.30.2/Module/ScanDeps/Cache.pm line 68.
Use of uninitialized value $key in hash element at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.30.2/Module/ScanDeps/Cache.pm line 80.

Did I miss something?

Johan Vromans

It is now :)

Dayyan Smith

Thank you!

Where can I find pp/common/PDF_API2_Bundle.pm? I can't see it on GitHub.

Johan Vromans

It should be (relatively) straightforward:

  • Install PAR::Packer if necessary
  • Copy (from github) pp/common/PDF_API2_Bundle.pm (this file was accidentally left out of the kit)
  • Cd to the pp/linux directory and type pp -u --output=chordpro @chordpro.pp ../../script/chordpro.pl

This should produce a standalone linux binary.

Dayyan Smith

Are there instructions for how to compile the binary?

Dayyan Smith

I’m using ChordPro to generate PDFs as part of a website build and can’t install anything in the build environment with cpan. But using the binary directly works.

Johan Vromans

Currently not, but I could make one. However, installing ChordPro on Linux is usually trivial. Is there a specific reason you would want a prebuilt binary?

Dayyan Smith

Hi all,

Is there a linux command line binary available for 0.974?

Dayyan