From: Margaret Lark <woolfolk3@...>
To: ChoirCues@groups.io; Carol Kolomiitchenko <ck8789@...>; Elizabeth Riggs <ewriggs@...>; Michael Bishop <DeaconMichael11@...>; Paul MacDowell <ayiasophia@...>
Sent: Mon, Nov 2, 2020 4:45 pm
Subject: Re: [ChoirCues] Julian Choir Cues: 18 Pentecost, 28. September/11. October 2020

CORRECTION:  THE TONE OF THE WEEK IS TONE 5.  My apologies.

On Mon, 5 Oct 2020, at 11:24 AM, Margaret Lark wrote:
The St. Innocent Press Liturgical Calendar indicates a Poleyeleos-rank service for the Venerable Chariton the Confessor.  The order for Troparia and Kontakia is for a Temple dedicated to a Saint.  If your temple is dedicated to the Lord or to the Theotokos, please make the appropriate adjustments.

If you have corrections, please let me know as soon as possible, so that everyone receives them in a timely fashion. However, please note that translations are from other sources, and are not my own. The Pericopes for the Epistle and Gospel are indicated by the sign § and the appropriate number.

Thanks to Father John Whiteford, as always, for the materials on his website (http://www.saintjonah.org/lit/). I could not undertake this effort without his help.

In Christ,
Margaret Lark

READER AND CHOIR CUES - 28 September/11 October 2020
EIGHTEENTH SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST - Tone 1

Epistle:
For the Sunday: 2 Corinthians 9:6-11 (§188)
For the Saint:  2 Corinthians 4:6-15 (§176)

Gospel:
For the Sunday: Luke 5:1-11 (§17)
For the Saint:  Luke 6:17-23 (§24)

Eighteenth Sunday after Pentecost.  Venerable Chariton the Confessor (Polyeleos-rank service).  Holy Prophet Baruch.  Martyrs Alexander, Alphius, Zosimus, Mark, Nicon, Neon, Heliodorus, and others in Pisidia and Phrygia.  Venerable women Eustochia and Paula.  Martyr Wenceslaus (Viacheslav), Prince of the Czechs.  Venerable Cyril and Maria, parents of St Sergius of Radonezh (Polyeleos-rank service).  Venerable Herodion of Iloezersk.  Venerable Chariton of Syanzhema, Vologda.  New Monk-Martyr Hilarion (Gromov) and Nun-martyr Mikhaila (Ivanova) at Butovo.  Synaxis of the saints of the Kiev Near Caves.

Resurrectional Troparion
Glory...
Troparion of the Saint
Both now...
Theotokion from the Horologion
Resurrectional Kontakion

At the Sixth Hour:
Resurrectional Troparion
Glory...
Troparion of the Saint
Both now...
Theotokion from the Horologion
Kontakion of the Saint

DIVINE LITURGY OF ST. JOHN CHRYSOSTOM

THIRD ANTIPHON (BEATITUDES)
10 Troparia:  6 from the Octoechos, 4 from the Ode 3 of the Canon of the Saint

1.  Blessed are the meek, * for they shall inherit the earth.

Through food did the enemy lead Adam forth from paradise; but by the Cross hath Christ led back to it the thief who cried:  Remember me when Thou comest in Thy kingdom!

2.  Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness, * for they shall be filled.

With Adam and the thief I worship Thy sufferings and glorify Thy resurrection; and I cry out with a splendid voice:  Remember me, O Lord, when Thou comest in Thy kingdom!

3.  Blessed are the merciful, * for they shall obtain mercy.

O Sinless One, of Thine own will Thou wast crucified and placed in the Tomb, yet Thou didst arise as God, raising up with Thyself Adam who crieth out: Remember me when Thou comest in Thy kingdom!

4.  Blessed are the pure in heart, * for they shall see God.

Raising up the temple of Thy body by Thy resurrection on the third day, O Christ God, Thou didst raise up Adam and his descendants who cry: Remember me when Thou comest in Thy kingdom!

5.  Blessed are the peacemakers, * for they shall be called the sons of God.

Very early, the myrrh-bearing women arrived, weeping, at Thy tomb, O Christ God; and they found an angel sitting there, clad in white garments, who said: What seek ye?  Christ is risen!  Lament no longer!

6.  Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake, * for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

When Thine apostles went to the mountain whither Thou hadst commanded them to go, and saw Thee, O Saviour, they worshipped Thee; and Thou didst send them unto the nations, to teach and baptize them.

7.  Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, * and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

The reason-endowed flock of thy disciples rejoiceth in thee, O venerable one, spiritually partaking of thy splendour.

8.  Rejoice, and be exceeding glad, * for great is your reward in the heavens.

O venerable Chariton, to the Spirit of life thou didst subject carnal knowledge, as the cause of enmity towards God.

9.  Glory to the Father, * and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.

Like David thou didst lay low the power of the noetic alien Goliath, O venerable one, with the weaponry of the Spirit.

10.  Both now and ever, * and unto the ages of ages. Amen.

Thou, alone, O Mother of God, hast in manner past nature, become the mediatress of blessings for those on earth; wherefore, we cry out to thee: Rejoice!

TROPARIA AND KONTAKIA

Resurrectional Troparion, Tone 1: When the stone had been sealed by the Jews, / And the soldiers were guarding Thine immaculate Body, / Thou didst arise on the third day, O Saviour, / granting life unto the world. / Wherefore, the Hosts of the Heavens cried out to Thee, O Life-giver: / Glory to Thy Resurrection, O Christ. / Glory to Thy kingdom. // Glory to Thy dispensation, O only Lover of mankind.

[Troparion of the Temple]

Troparion of the Saints, Tone 8: With streams of thy tears thou didst irrigate the barren desert, / and with sighs from the depths of thy soul thou didst make it to bear fruit an hundredfold. / Thou wast a beacon to the whole world, radiating miracles.  // O Chariton our father, entreat Christ God, that our souls be saved!

Resurrectional Kontakion, Tone 1: As God, Thou didst arise from the tomb in glory, / and Thou didst raise the world together with Thyself. / And mortal nature praiseth Thee as God, / and death hath vanished. / And Adam danceth, O Master, / and Eve, now freed from fetters, rejoiceth as she crieth out: / Thou art He, O Christ, // that grantest unto all resurrection.

[Kontakion of the Temple]

Glory…

Kontakion of the Saint, Tone 2: Having delighted in abstinence and bridled the desires of thy flesh, / O divinely wise one, thou wast shown to increase in faith, / and didst flourish like the tree of life in the midst of paradise, // O most blessed and sacred Chariton.

Both now...

Theotokion, Tone 6: O protection of Christians that cannot be put to shame, / O mediation unto the Creator unfailing, / disdain not the suppliant voices of sinners, / but be thou quick, O good one, to help us who in faith cry unto thee; / hasten to intercession and speed thou to make supplication, // thou who dost ever protect, O Theotokos, them that honour thee.

EPISTLE

Reader: The Prokimenon in the 1st Tone:  Let Thy mercy, O Lord, be upon us, according as we have hoped in Thee.
Choir:  Let Thy mercy, O Lord, be upon us, according as we have hoped in Thee.
Reader:  Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous; praise is meet for the upright.
Choir:  Let Thy mercy, O Lord, be upon us, according as we have hoped in Thee.
Reader:  In the 7th Tone: The saints shall boast in glory, and they shall rejoice upon their beds.
Choir: The saints shall boast in glory, and they shall rejoice upon their beds.

Reader: The Reading is from the Second Epistle of the Holy Apostle Paul to the Corinthians.

2 Corinthians 9:6-11 (§188):  Brethren:  This I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. * Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. * And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work: * (As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever. * Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;) * Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God.

2 Corinthians 4:6-15 (§176):  Brethren:  God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. * But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us. * We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; * Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; * Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. * For we which live are always delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh. * So then death worketh in us, but life in you. * We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; * Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you. * For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.

ALLELUIA (NO PAUSE before first verse)

Reader: Alleluia in the 1st Tone: O God who givest avengement unto me and hast subdued people under me.
Choir: Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!
Reader:  It is He that magnifieth the salvation of His king and worketh mercy for His anointed, for David and for His seed unto eternity.
Choir: Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!
Reader: In the 6th Tone: Blessed is the man that feareth the Lord; in His commandments shall he greatly delight.

Luke 5:1-11 (§17):  At that time, as the people pressed upon Jesus to hear the word of God, he stood by the lake of Gennesaret, * And saw two ships standing by the lake: but the fishermen were gone out of them, and were washing their nets. * And he entered into one of the ships, which was Simon's, and prayed him that he would thrust out a little from the land. And he sat down, and taught the people out of the ship. * Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught. * And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net. * And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake. * And they beckoned unto their partners, which were in the other ship, that they should come and help them. And they came, and filled both the ships, so that they began to sink. * When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord. * For he was astonished, and all that were with him, at the draught of the fishes which they had taken: * And so was also James, and John, the sons of Zebedee, which were partners with Simon. And Jesus said unto Simon, Fear not; from henceforth thou shalt catch men. * And when they had brought their ships to land, they forsook all, and followed him.

Luke 6:17-23 (§24):  At that time, Jesus came down with them, and stood in the plain, and the company of his disciples, and a great multitude of people out of all Judaea and Jerusalem, and from the sea coast of Tyre and Sidon, which came to hear him, and to be healed of their diseases; * And they that were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed. * And the whole multitude sought to touch him: for there went virtue out of him, and healed them all. * And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God. * Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh. * Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake. * Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

DOSTOINIK

It is truly meet...

COMMUNION VERSE

Praise the Lord from the heavens, praise Him in the highest!  In everlasting remembrance shall the righteous be; he shall not be afraid of evil tidings.  Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!