OCA Choir Cues (B) for 7th Sunday after Pentecost, July 26, 2020

Philip Sokolov <phils@...>

SUNDAY, JULY 26
7th Sunday after Pentecost. Tone 6. Righteous Archpriest Jacob Netsvetov, Enlightener of the Peoples of Alaska.

Epistles:
(116) Romans 15:1-7
Philippians 3:7-14

Gospels:
(33) Mark 9:27-35
Mark 10:29-31,42-45

READER AND CHOIR CUES (B)

Troparion, Resurrection
Glory...
Troparion, Saint
Now and ever...
Theotokion from the Horologion
Kontakion, Resurrection

At the Sixth Hour:

Troparion, Resurrection
Glory...
Troparion, Saint
Now and ever...
Theotokion from the Horologion
Kontakion, Saint

DIVINE LITURGY OF ST. JOHN CHRYSOSTOM

BEATITUDES TROPARIA on 10, Tone 6: Resurrection--6; Saint--4 (from Ode III).

Blessed are those who mourn, * for they shall be comforted.

10. Blessed are the meek, * for they shall inherit the earth.

Remember me, my God and Savior, / when Thou comest in Thy Kingdom // and save me as Thou alone lovest mankind.

9. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness, * for they shall be filled.

Through the wood of the Cross Thou hast saved again Adam who was beguiled by the tree / and the thief as he cried aloud: // Remember me, O Lord, in Thy Kingdom.

O Giver of life, having broken the gates and chains of hell, / Thou, O Savior, hast made all men rise crying aloud: // Glory to Thy Resurrection.

Do Thou Who hast by Thy burial and Thy Resurrection / despoiled death, and filled all things with joy, // remember me as Thou art compassionate.

6. Blessed are the peacemakers, * for they shall be called the sons of God.

When the women bearing myrrh came to the tomb / they heard an angel crying: // Christ is risen filling the whole world with light.

5. Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, * for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Let us all praise with one accord Christ / nailed to the wood of the Cross // thus delivering the world from error.

4. Blessed are you, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, * and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Your words, O father Jacob, / poured forth as sweet precious ointment, / driving out the stench of ungodliness and ignorance / and filling all the world with the fragrance of piety. // We all run to you with love, O our father.

3. Rejoice, and be exceedingly glad, * for great is your reward in heaven.

O lover of the Feast of Feasts / and joyous celebrant of the Holy Mysteries, / intercessor and teacher of piety, / you were truly revealed as a priest of God. // Shining now with resplendent glory, you intercede for all the world.

2. Glory to the Father, * and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.

Today, all Alaska / and all those who love God everywhere / celebrate the great and radiant festival // of our humble Father Jacob.

1. Now and ever, * and unto ages of ages. Amen.

"Rejoice, O Theotokos," the Holy Church cries out to you, / for you gave birth within time to the Timeless One, // granting joy to all mankind.

TROPARIA & KONTAKIA

Troparion, Resurrection, Tone 6: The angelic powers were at Thy tomb; / the guards became as dead men. / Mary stood by Thy grave, / seeking Thy most pure body. / Thou didst capture hell, not being tempted by it. / Thou didst come to the Virgin, granting life. / O Lord Who didst rise from the dead, // glory to Thee!

[Troparion, Church (if of the Theotokos or Saint(s))]

Troparion, Saint, Tone 4: O righteous father Jacob, / adornment of Atka and the Yukon Delta, / you offered yourself as a living sacrifice / to bring light to a searching people. / Offspring of Russian America, / flower of brother unity, / healer of sickness and terror of demons: / O holy father Jacob, // pray to Christ God that our souls may be saved.

Kontakion, Resurrection, Tone 6: When Christ God, the Giver of Life, / raised all of the dead from the valleys of misery with His mighty hand, / He bestowed resurrection on the human race; // He is the Savior of all, the Resurrection, the Life, and the God of all.

[Kontakion, Church (if of Saint(s))]

Glory...

Kontakion, Saint, Tone 3: O Holy Father Jacob, / teacher of the knowledge of God, / you revealed your love for your people, / taking up your cross and following Christ, / enduring hardships like the Apostle Paul. / Pray on our behalf to Christ our God // to grant us great mercy.

Now and ever...

[Kontakion, Church (if of the Theotokos). If not, then:]

Kontakion, Theotokos, Tone 6: Steadfast protectress of Christians, / constant advocate before the Creator; / despise not the cry of us sinners, / but in your goodness come speedily to help us who call on you in faith. / Hasten to hear our petition and to intercede for us, O Theotokos, // for you always protect those who honor you!

EPISTLES

Deacon: Let us attend!
Priest: Peace be unto all!
Reader: And to your spirit.
Deacon: Wisdom!
Reader: The Prokeimenon in the 6th Tone, a Psalm of David: O Lord, save Thy people and bless Thine inheritance.
Choir: O Lord, save Thy people and bless Thine inheritance.
Reader: To Thee, O Lord, will I call. O my God, be not silent to me.
Choir: O Lord, save Thy people and bless Thine inheritance.
Reader: In the 7th Tone: The righteous shall rejoice in the Lord and shall hope in Him.
Choir: The righteous shall rejoice in the Lord and shall hope in Him.

Deacon: Wisdom!
Reader: The reading from the Epistle of the Holy Apostle Paul to the Romans.
Deacon: Let us attend!

[(116) Romans 15:1-7] Brethren: We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves; * let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to edify him. * For Christ did not please Himself; but, as it is written, "The reproaches of those who reproached Thee fell on Me." * For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that by steadfastness and by the encouragement of the scriptures we might have hope. * May the God of steadfastness and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, * that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. * Welcome one another, therefore, as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God.

[Philippians 3:7-14] Brethren: Whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. * Indeed I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as refuse, in order that I may gain Christ * and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own, based on law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith; * that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, * that if possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead. * Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect; but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. * Brethren, I do not consider that I have made it my own; but one thing I do, forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, * I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Priest: Peace be unto you, Reader.
Reader: And to your spirit.

ALLELUIA

Deacon: Wisdom!
Reader: The Alleluia in the 6th Tone: He that dwells in the aid of the Most High shall abide under the protection of the God of heaven.
Choir: Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!
Reader: He shall say to the Lord: Thou art my protector and my refuge, my God. In Him will I trust!
Choir: Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!
Reader: In the same tone: Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who greatly delights in His commandments.
Choir: Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!

GOSPELS

[(33) Matthew 9:27-35] At that time, as Jesus passed on from there, two blind men followed Him, crying aloud, "Have mercy on us, Son of David." * When He entered the house, the blind men came to Him; and Jesus said to them, "Do you believe that I am able to do this?" They said to Him, "Yes, Lord." * Then He touched their eyes, saying, "According to your faith be it done to you." * And their eyes were opened. And Jesus sternly charged them, "See that no one knows it." * But they went away and spread His fame through all that district. * As they were going away, behold, a dumb demoniac was brought to Him. * And when the demon had been cast out, the dumb man spoke; and the crowds marveled, saying, "Never was anything like this seen in Israel." * But the Pharisees said, "He casts out demons by the prince of demons." * And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every disease and every infirmity.

[Mark 10:29-31, 42-45] The Lord said, "Truly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or lands, for my sake and for the gospel, * who will not receive a hundredfold now in this time, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions, and in the age to come eternal life. * But many that are first will be last, and the last first. * You know that those who are supposed to rule over the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great men exercise authority over them. * But it shall not be so among you; but whoever would be great among you must be your servant, * and whoever would be first among you must be slave of all. * For the Son of man also came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."

COMMUNION VERSES

Praise the Lord from the heavens! Praise Him in the highest!
The righteous shall be in everlasting remembrance; he shall not fear evil tidings.

Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

The first Six Troparia on the Beatitudes are from the translation of Mother Mary. Scriptures are according to the approved Revised Standard Version. Everything else is from standard OCA texts as published by St. Vladimir's Seminary Press, the Soroka family, St. Tikhon's Seminary Press, the Department of Religious Education, and the Department of Liturgical Music and Translations. Rubrics follow the 2020 Liturgical Rubrics & Calendar published by St. Tikhon's Monastery Press. Prepared with the assistance of Reader Teodor Zajler.

Join ChoirCues@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.