Cheatham County ARES CheathamCountyARES@groups.io
This group is for any amateur radio operators that wish to be informed about Cheatham County, TN ARES activities.
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)
The Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES) consists of licensed amateurs who have voluntarily registered their qualifications and equipment, with their local ARES leadership, for communications duty in the public service when disaster strikes.
ARES Membership Requirements
Every licensed amateur, regardless of membership in ARRL or any other local or national organization is eligible to apply for membership in ARES. Training may be required or desired to participate fully in ARES. Please inquire at the local level for specific information. Because ARES is an Amateur Radio program, only licensed radio amateurs are eligible for membership. The possession of emergency-powered equipment is desirable, but is not a requirement for membership.
Emergency Coordinator: Jay Weber KK4HSZ
Assistant Emergency Coordinator(s):
Weekly Radio NET:
Every Tuesday at 7:00pm
147.015 (no tone)
AF4TZ repeater in Nashville
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Members can edit their posts.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.
Group Email Addresses