Topics

New rudder for Windsong

Ken Vannorsdall, 5701, 89 C30, trfkbs

I've tried to nurse my rudder along for the last 15 years.   I have repaired in the crack in the seams.   I have drilled holes in the bottom of the rudder to allow water drain over winter.   I've even filled the rudder with closed cell foam to push out water and serviced the rudder in a closet with a dehumidifier.

So I think its time to move rudder replacement to the top on this year's list.

Any thoughts on who is best to contact for replacement.

My boat is a 1989 30 tabs with fine keel

Thanks for your input.

Ken Vannorsdall
s/v Windsong
Lake Erie

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device

--
Ken Vannorsdall
s/v Windsong

Will Moran

I replaced my rudder 4 years ago after trying all the things you've done Ken. Call Bob "Al" Walker at Foss Foam in Williston Florida, great guy to work with.  Ph. 352.529.1104.  Www.newrudders.com

Will
#3890. SRSK
M-25

Ken Vannorsdall, 5701, 89 C30, trfkbs

Thanks

#3890. SRSK
M-25

--
Ken Vannorsdall
s/v Windsong

Bob Reynolds

Ken,

After several years of fussing, I bought a HDPE (high density polyethylene) rudder. It's solid so there's no foam in it to cause problems. No maintenance at alI. Don't recall which of the vendors I used, but you can always go to Catalina Direct.
--
Bob R
1992 C30 Std w/ M25XP #6094

George Da Porge

5 years ago I bought an HDPE rudder direct from RudderCraft. Love it. Guaranteed for life, I believe. Will never fail like a foam rudder.
--
George & Admiral Beth Hoppen
Whisked Away 1990 MK II TR #5830

Ken Vannorsdall, 5701, 89 C30, trfkbs

George,  Does a HDPE rudder have positive flotation and can it, or should it be
Bottom painted.

Thanks Ken

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device