Topics

Keeping up with the Clarks OR, I just ordered a new main sail

Ken Vannorsdall, 5701, 89 C30, trfkbs

List mates,

My buddy who owns a Catalina 310 , just bought new sails.  Normally  that wouldn't concern me.  But lately Alan & Eileen have been a tad bit faster than me.  Let it be said , here and now,  that I'm not a racer.  However, I don't want to be the last boat at the anchorage,  or yacht club.  Because the Clarks have found a little extra speed, I've had to eat a lot of crow. Worse than crow, I've had to buy the first rounds at the bar.  Now, I'm a beer drinker. The Clarks however are from the High Dollar Mixed drinks Clan.

So I've come to the conclusion it just could be cheaper to buy a new mainsail rather than buy High Dollar drinks at the bar.

I've ordered a new mainsail today. That leaves me with my old main to sell. Before I list it on eBay. I thought I would post a notice here.

the main is in good condition. Bought new in 2006 From Doyle Sails, Detroit.  My boat is a 1989 C30 tall rig,
The main has two reef points, loose footed, two full battens, two regular.  I have the original bill of sale that listed the measurements from the loft. ton's of current pictures to show condition.

Windsong is a freshwater boat

Ken Vannorsdall
s//v/ Windsong
5701

jibkid@aol com

--
Ken Vannorsdall
s/v Windsong

Steve

You had me right up until tall rig :(

On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 11:31 AM Ken Vannorsdall, 5701, 89 C30, trfkbs via groups.io <jibkid=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
List mates,

[...]

Steve Perea
eSells
720-352-5800

--
Steve
Razors Edge, Cap Sante Marina, Anacortes Washington

Josh Norten

Hey Ken,

I can't help you unload your sail.  Like Steve, I am a SR.

But, tell anyone who may question your purchase that you have perfectly sound logic :)

I am really close to pulling the trigger on local loft 150 headsail.  (Nielsen in Racine, WI).  I am a racer (and a cruiser too), and my 135 doesn't cut it.

The owner knows C30s, and had built sails for at least one C30 Nationals winner.

We shall see.

--
Josh Norten
s/v Esperanza

Ken Vannorsdall, 5701, 89 C30, trfkbs

Thanks Josh and Steve,

This has certainly been a difficult year for sailing and life in general.

A world wide VIRUS,  back surgery . Sailing from August 15 thru September 13th.  That's the good part. Then September 14th we lost my step son.

The boat was pulled and wrapped for the winter.

Praying for a return to a normal life for all.

I just want this year to end on some kind of positive note.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device

I can't help you unload your sail.  Like Steve, I am a SR.

But, tell anyone who may question your purchase that you have perfectly sound logic :)

I am really close to pulling the trigger on local loft 150 headsail.  (Nielsen in Racine, WI).  I am a racer (and a cruiser too), and my 135 doesn't cut it.

The owner knows C30s, and had built sails for at least one C30 Nationals winner.

We shall see.

--
Josh Norten
s/v Esperanza
MK1 1982 #2462 SR
Universal 5411
Waukegan, IL
--
Ken Vannorsdall
s/v Windsong
5701, 89 tr,bs,fk
West Harbor,  Ohio

Tim Prouty

Ken,

Sorry to hear of your loss; particularly  of your step son.  I think many of us know what you mean. Our family has experienced medical issues and the loss of a loved one as well. Sailing is a form of respite that my wife and I truly need.

Senator Kennedy (LA) said on TV yesterday “If 2020 ever slows down, I am going to get off and walk!” I feel the same way. One plague of locusts and that ought to be the end of it!

I am looking forward to the Christmas holidays as the end this year. Our prayers are with your family.

Tim

1996 Cat 30 #6374

Tim Prouty

First Vice President

CBRE Debt & Structured Finance

Tucson AZ

O: 520-323-5123

I can't help you unload your sail.  Like Steve, I am a SR.

But, tell anyone who may question your purchase that you have perfectly sound logic :)

I am really close to pulling the trigger on local loft 150 headsail.  (Nielsen in Racine, WI).  I am a racer (and a cruiser too), and my 135 doesn't cut it.

The owner knows C30s, and had built sails for at least one C30 Nationals winner.

We shall see.

--
Josh Norten
s/v Esperanza
MK1 1982 #2462 SR
Universal 5411
Waukegan, IL
--
Ken Vannorsdall
s/v Windsong
5701, 89 tr,bs,fk
West Harbor,  Ohio

Ralph Cooley

One option would be to sell it through Bacons, in Annapolis. They Broker new and used sails, and probably other equipment as well.

Might be worth a look.

Ralph Cooley

On Friday, October 9, 2020, 02:31:43 PM EDT, Ken Vannorsdall, 5701, 89 C30, trfkbs via groups.io <jibkid@...> wrote:

List mates,

[...]

Thank you Tim.   Most days are ok.  Yesterday evening wasn't one them.

I appreciate your kind words

Ken V