From: Todd Johnson via groups.io <tjsccac30@...>
To: Catalina 30 <catalina30@groups.io>; Catalina30 <catalina30@...>
Sent: Sat, Oct 24, 2020 4:31 pm
Subject: [catalina30] Custom Boat Cover for C30 (with Pic.s)

C30 Boat Cover, almost new that I will be putting up on eBay soon.   I have an almost new custom made sunbrella boat cover that I believe has only been used one winter in San Francisco (not a harsh environment).  This is clearly a high qualty cover (just under 50 lbs) .  No holes or patches.  It has interior vinyl patches at rub points (stanchions etc.).  Zippers are plastic/vinyl work well.  The only wear I points I noted was very minor chieffing on the vinyl the cover the plastic zipper areas at a few of the port and starbord stanchions cuts outs.   I have included some pic.s, please note  I did not have time the day I took the pictures to adjust the cover properly so it looks somewhat sloppy as I was not willing to take off the head sail for the photo.   (also, it was close to 5:00 and I had to be home for diner at 6:00 an hour away ).  The cover fits very well on my ’85 C30, for a Mk III with il need some modification.  It clearly is made for a C30, so I would not recommend using for another boat unless you plan on modifying it.  Personally I would like to see it go to another Catalina 30 owner.

If you are or anyone you know needs a boat cover, please let me know. Todd Johnson
408-656-7188
Attachments:

Brian Stannard

Here's the link to folding winch handles, the only one apparently. https://easysea.org/products/flipper-maniglia-per-winch-richiudibile

Pretty pricey though.

On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 12:59 PM John Jennings via groups.io <johnwjennings=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Group

Recently noticed on a sailing Utube the boat had folding winch handles.  Appears they were designed to stay in place on top of the winch and when needed they unfold into a working handle. Would be interested in learning more about them.

Anybody  knowledgeable?

--
Cheers
Brian

John Jennings

Bingo   thats it.  Thanks.

[...]

KWKloeber

Be very careful of any flogging lines. Look like a perfect place to end up with a problem possibly not easily resolved.
Imagine the worst case happening when considering going outside s known box, then make a decision whether to invest in “new and improved.”

Ken

Sent from my phone

On Oct 26, 2020, at 4:31 PM, John Jennings via groups.io <johnwjennings@...> wrote:

Bingo   thats it.  Thanks.

[...]

James Schofield

I purchased 2 for christmas presents this year. I will let you know what I think in about 6 months :)

James

John Jennings

James

Waiting for your report !