Topics

Documentation Period is changing next year #regulation

KWKloeber

Hey for anyone who hasn't seen it, with the latest CG bill that was signed into law, Rec Vessel Documentation is moving from the prior 1-year to a 5-year renewal period, starting next year (2019.)

http://tinyurl.com/ycmcy8ll

Just rec'd mine back in the mail...
Actually it has moved to a flexible 1 - 5 yr period. You decide how long you want the term to be and pay he applicable fee.
And there is NO SAVINGS for multi years so the only benefit is you don't need to renew for several years.
I'm assuming if you sell & transfer doc there will not be any refund or credit but that's an assumption not fact.

KWKloeber

"Flexible" during the phase-in period, ending 12/31/20121.
After 12/31/2021, Docs will be renewed for 5-yrs at a pop (unless of course, the regs change again by then.)
(This pertains to ONLY recreational endorsements, not commercial vessels.).

-k

"Thomas J. Lynch <t@...>

Did you use one of the "services" or the USCG NDC.

~ Thomas ~

Thomas J. Lynch |  T@... | +1 (631) 384-5791 |  www.L-Y-N-C-H.com