Re: Pulling the M25 transmission for a rebuild and while I am in there

Steve

Edited

Kens Radiator charged me $130 to boil and test so a new one is probably a better deal if it's built good, the guy at Kens was impressed, he said it was built well. I guess $130 for maintenance on it is worth it, just have to open it up once a year and make sure no FOD in side, it had lots of impeller pieces in it when I bought the boat, I just bought a flat gasket and cut pieces out using the ends as templates, then a 38 bullet shell sharpened with a file to cut the hole. I will replace that zinc, have not even used the engine in 2 years and you can see it gets eaten up anyway.
Thanks for the feed back, hope to get the trans out Saturday and hopefully do some sailing while I wait to get it back.

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 10:19 PM Bill Sherman <bsherman@...> wrote:

Steve

Online they run about 350-450 new.

Most rad shops will boil it and pressure test it for $30-$40 Canadian.

I have bought a few from Seakamp and they were in the $225 US range.

Seakamp will also clean and test old HX !

Bill Sherman

Cat 30 1979