Re: Pulling the M25 transmission for a rebuild and while I am in there

Steve

Edited

Kens Radiator charged me $130 to boil and test so a new one is probably a better deal if it's built good, the guy at Kens was impressed, he said it was built well. I guess $130 for maintenance on it is worth it, just have to open it up once a year and make sure no FOD in side, it had lots of impeller pieces in it when I bought the boat, I just bought a flat gasket and cut pieces out using the ends as templates, then a 38 bullet shell sharpened with a file to cut the hole. I will replace that zinc, have not even used the engine in 2 years and you can see it gets eaten up anyway.
Thanks for the feed back, hope to get the trans out Saturday and hopefully do some sailing while I wait to get it back.

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 10:19 PM Bill Sherman <bsherman@...> wrote:

Steve

Online they run about 350-450 new.

Most rad shops will boil it and pressure test it for $30-$40 Canadian.

I have bought a few from Seakamp and they were in the $225 US range.

Seakamp will also clean and test old HX !

Bill Sherman

Cat 30 1979

From: Catalina30@groups.io <Catalina30@groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2019 6:39 PM
To: Catalina30@groups.io
Subject: Re: [catalina30] Pulling the M25 transmission for a rebuild and while I am in there

THanks Bill, and if anyone is looking for a heat exchanger, I have another, don't know the condition, left by the PO, it was $130 for dip and test, I don't know what new ones cost, saw some for a few hundred but don't know the quality.

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 6:35 PM Bill Sherman <bsherman@...> wrote:

Steve

If you have any questions just call Seakamp, they are in Bellingham and they manufacturer most of the exchangers out there.

Call Dan Lindsay ,he is the engineering manager, and great for info about any of their products.

Bill Sherman

Cat 30 1979

From: Catalina30@groups.io <Catalina30@groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2019 9:48 AM
To: Catalina30@groups.io
Subject: Re: [catalina30] Pulling the M25 transmission for a rebuild and while I am in there

Radiator shop said the heat exchanger is in great shape and all clean, so now I need to paint it, like that ford blue (sick of gold).

Anyone have tips on painting them, I have seen people using zinc chromate?

--

Steve 

Razors Edge, Anacortes Washington

82 Catalina 30 Std rig #2522 M-25

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

--

Steve Perea

eSells

720-352-5800

--
Steve 

Razors Edge, Cap Sante Marina, Anacortes Washington

81 Catalina 30 Std rig #2522 M-25

--
Steve Perea
eSells
720-352-5800

--
Steve 
Razors Edge, Cap Sante Marina, Anacortes Washington
81 Catalina 30 Std rig #2522 M-25

Join Catalina30@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.