Welcome to the Catalina 28 group and the Catalina 28 International Association. (You do not have to be a member of the Association to join the online group)
To join the Catalina 28 group, click the "Apply for Membership in this Group" button below.
The Catalina 28 group is a way to communicate with other C28 owners to discuss boat upgrades, maintenance, or sailing in general. There are three ways to subscribe to the group:
Receive each email individually
Receive a digest of all the emails once a day
Visit the group site and read the messages when you desire, without receiving any emails
In addition to viewing the current messages we have archives of:
Past message threads, searchable by topic
- A Wiki with information on boat systems and 100's of links to articles & pictures
Files with descriptions and instructions for projects along with manuals
Photos of various boat systems, projects
Hull Registry Database (please add yourself to the hull registry in the Database section - we have members in 9 countries and 34 states)
Please Consider Joining the Catalina 28 International Organization
The Catalina 28 International Association was formed in 1993 by a group of owners sailing on the Chesapeake Bay. Membership in the International Association includes a subscription to the MAINSHEET magazine, a 50-page quarterly magazine with articles, tech notes, events, and fleet news ─ all submitted by Catalina Yacht owners. The magazine is organized by boat size from the Catalina 470 all the way to the Catalina 18. In the Catalina 28 section you will find news of owner modifications and other great ideas to upgrade your 28.
If you are a BOAT US member or thinking of joining, membership in the Catalina 28 International Association will save you $9 on a basic membership and 10% off water towing services.
New members can sign up at: Sign up for discounted membership in BoatUS
And for renewal, head to this link: Renew your membership in BoatUS
For Canadians or Americans traveling in Canadian Waters, C-Tow Marine Assistance is also offering a 10% discount, giving you excellent coverage for as low as $90 CDN plus HST in Ontario and Newfoundland, and $160 plus HST in British Columbia for year-round coverage. We’ve been given a special discount code to use at check-out. You can find the code in the Database section of our group. Here’s a link to sign up:
To join the Catalina 28 International Association, click here to open the C28 International Association Membership Form. Complete the form, and for the quickest service, you can send the completed file to Catalina28International@gmail.com and Mike will send you a PayPal invoice for the dues. If you prefer, you can mail the completed form and a check to:
- 499 Members
- 11,364 Topics , Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- Post: Catalina28@groups.io
- Subscribe: Catalina28email@example.com
- Unsubscribe: Catalina28firstname.lastname@example.org
- Group Owner: Catalina28email@example.com
- Help: Catalina28firstname.lastname@example.org
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
Top Hashtags [See All]
- #chat-notice 12 Topics
- #cruising 3 Topics
- #battery 2 Topics
- #railmount 2 Topics
- #autopilot 1 Topics
- #dinghy 1 Topics
- #file-notice 1 Topics
- #standingrigging used to tag a post related to shrouds and stays 1 Topics
- #waterleak used for articles describing a water leak 1 Topics
- #running_rigging 1 Topics