This list is a place to discuss all aspects of past, present, and future passenger trains and rail travel in Canada. This includes all national, regional, commuter, and tourist rail carriers. Examples include VIA Rail, the former passenger services of the CNR, CPR, and BCR, the passenger services of the Algoma Central (CN), Ontario Northland, GO Transit, West Coast Express, and Rocky Mountaineer Railtours. Others not mentioned here are of course welcome, so long as they are located in Canada. The general rule is, "if it runs on rails in Canada while carrying passengers, then it's 'on-topic.'"
Discussions regarding freight movements unrelated to passenger rail should be posted elsewhere. We suggest Canadian-Railways, C-P-R, or C-N-R for these topics. Please avoid cross posting to other lists.
Commercial advertisements will be dealt with at the moderators' discretion based on their relation to current discussions.
Posts from new members will be moderated as well as those whom the moderators feel should be moderated.
Etiquette will be governed by the moderators applying guidelines from the Wikipedia entry on Netiquette.
Files and photos may be uploaded to the Files and Photos areas of the group homepage.Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact the moderators.
- 1,254 Members
- 45,603 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.