California Green Burial Network Calgreenburial@groups.io
Information exchange for members of the public, professionals, and green cemeteries, for local and state-wide efforts encouraging California Green Burial Council certified services in California.
The focus of this network is for planning and advocacy for green (natural) burials, at the personal, community, and state-wide level, within the state of California.
** To join this group, scroll down and click on the blue +Join This Group button **
Note that you can set up your account as you wish, with or without email notifications, customized as you prefer.
We also invite you to join us on Facebook in the California Green Burial Network Facebook group.
A green burial is generally less expensive and less toxic to the environment. It also permits a more personal and natural relationship between the living and the dead, humans and the land at a time of shock, grief, and confusion.
The 4 core tenets of green burial are:
In addition to the messaging service, this website provides a Files section containing documents relevant to green burial in California, and an Information Wiki:
- California Green Burial Cemeteries
- California Green Burial Product and Service Providers
- California Laws and Regulations Relevant to Green Burial
- Educational Tools: Presentations, Handouts, and Curricula
- Funeral Homes in California Which Offer Green Burial
- Green Burial Council Website
- Links to Videos
- Speakers in California from GBC
- Starting a Green Burial Sanctuary in California
For more information, see: www.greenburialcouncil.org
- 18 Members
- 8 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to members only.
- Wiki is visible to anyone.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.