Topics

The next Cal-QRP Club Kit

Fred Lodden <felodden@...>

I think you will find that there are no unused characters in the range A-Z from Command Mode. Numbers are used to play memories and ? is the status request command. Unless you change the code to redefine what a character entered does, you are into the punctuation characters.
The underlying problem is far too many features :-)
73 Fred

Fred Lodden <felodden@...>

Are you aware of the board just recently released by Kees K5BCQ?
Did this board not offer what it was you are looking to provide?
In my view that board unlocks almost all of the features available in the K3NG keyer code.
And that board is only marginally larger than the one you have designed.
73 Fred

Rob

Has it been documented yet... installation...operating...instructions and features included...excluded from the 80X80 PCB?

On 04/24/2019 12:36 PM, W6IPA wrote:
Rob,

I can confirm that the file on Thingiverse is the correct one.

JC
On Apr 23, 2019, at 7:22 PM, Rob via Groups.Io <roomberg@...> wrote:

Are the thingiverse  GERBER files the ones to send to China?

Its looking like $50 buys 50 PCBs from JLCPCB.

I would be inclined to press the trigger on this if anyone can tell me these GERBERS are the final GERBERS to build this.

and then

I would share those 50 PCBs.... simple enough ... a buck each.

K3NG and me skywalking:

http://www.learnmorsecode.com/k3ng.jpg

On 04/23/2019 09:35 PM, W6IPA wrote:
Ivan,

There are a lot of options out there for the K3NG based keyed (i built 5 different versions).
The one that will be available is using a mega 2560 mini.
Nothing revolutionary.
There is a header for a PS2 keyboard but primary goal was to have something that can be used with a logger in contests.
It’s really a platform that you can use to add features and experiment - there are few digital and analog pins that are on headers to be able to add functions, and a support for 6 memory buttons.
I am slowly adding files on thingiverse - i don’t know that this will be the final repository.

JC

On Apr 23, 2019, at 1:20 PM, Ivan Hazelton <ivanhazelton@...> wrote:

I've built one designed by Josh Wood (w0odj) and sourced by Kees Talen (k5bcq)  that uses a Aruduino MEGA  2560. I just received a second PCB from Kees that he designed himself for take advantage of the smaller sized Arduino MEGA 2560 mini, but have yet to break the seal on that one yet.

If you're interested, there is a forum for the K3NG keyer at radioartisan.groups.io and hosted by the primary software developer, Anthony Good (k3ng)

-Ivan Hazelton, NL5I
(425) 325-4826 google voice

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 11:52 AM John <ve3ips@...> wrote:
but ho does the memeber from toronto,canada who cant attend get a kit?
John ve3ips

FT8 is not Ham Radio Try QRP cw or SSB instead

Note: Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message and may be subject to legal privilege. Access to this e-mail by anyone other than the intended is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not use, copy, distribute or deliver to anyone this message (or any part of its contents ) or take any action in reliance on it. In such case, you should destroy this message, and notify us immediately.

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 2:28 PM Michael N6MST via Groups.Io <mst72481=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
This is awesome! I looked at scratch building one a while back but decided my skills were not up to the task. A fabbed PCB and a parts list is doable, though! Thanks for all the hard work J.C. and Doug!

Doug Hendricks

No I wasn't.  Can you point me to a link?

Joshua Wood

There are several threads on the radioartisan reflector about it.  Kees' files are here:

I have the tentative modifications to the code forked on github (with a pull request).  (All the settings and pinouts have been tested and working, though I'm trying to make sure it's 100%.

~Josh
W0ODJ

W6IPA

Fred,

If i’m not mistaken, K5BCQ is selling kits.
This is not what this is about. I designed something last year for my own usage - I am publishing all the material and mentioned to Doug that I would donate all of it to the club as a project. There will be few kits for the local members of the club, but generally the projects at the calQRP club are “no kits”. Sourcing parts and fixing issues like the Arduino Mega that came without boot loader is too much work :-)

There are many designs online - everyone is free to pick what they want and need.

Jc/W6ipa

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 4:31 PM Fred Lodden <felodden@...> wrote:
Are you aware of the board just recently released by Kees K5BCQ?
Did this board not offer what it was you are looking to provide?
In my view that board unlocks almost all of the features available in the K3NG keyer code.
And that board is only marginally larger than the one you have designed.
73 Fred

Fred Lodden <felodden@...>

OK, but I thought K5BCQ was only selling the boards.
US$5 to the US (not sure if that is just the lower 48 or all of the US). Anyway I am DX and his charge was US$10 to Australia. Board only.
With so many options, it is up to each end user to populate the board with the desired components, display type etc that they want.
I too have a number of keyers that I home brewed but are running the K3NG code. It is difficult to know when to stop. :)
73 Fred VK2EFL

Ivan Hazelton

Fred, Kees sent one each of his two board designs to me in Alaska for the $5/each price.

-Ivan Hazelton, NL5I
(425) 325-4826 google voice

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 8:06 PM Fred Lodden <felodden@...> wrote:
OK, but I thought K5BCQ was only selling the boards.
US$5 to the US (not sure if that is just the lower 48 or all of the US). Anyway I am DX and his charge was US$10 to Australia. Board only.
With so many options, it is up to each end user to populate the board with the desired components, display type etc that they want.
I too have a number of keyers that I home brewed but are running the K3NG code. It is difficult to know when to stop. :)
73 Fred VK2EFL

Rob

I ordered 50 PCBs.

I will pass them along at cost.

I figure $1.50 will cover PCB... mailing envelope.. and postage.

[...]

Rob, I like your gesture.  It is the true spirit of helping others in ham radio.  Cal-QRP will always have a policy of sharing and helping others.  Thanks, Doug

ab2ts

I am interested.

On Apr 25, 2019, at 20:11, Doug Hendricks <ki6ds1@...> wrote:

Rob, I like your gesture.  It is the true spirit of helping others in ham radio.  Cal-QRP will always have a policy of sharing and helping others.  Thanks, Doug

Michael N6MST

Rob,
I'll buy a few of your boards!

73 :)

NI0T

Rob,

Please put me down for one board.

Mike, NI0T

Rob

send me an email that has your mailing address and call sign in the first lines so I can make a mailing label